How to install Cyber panel using SSH
Cyber Panel is an open-source control panel with a beginner-friendly interface, that allows you to easily manage your websites.
In this tutorial, I will show you step-by-step how to install Cyber Panel using SSH on a server running Ubuntu. I will then install a WordPress website and issue a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate.
What you need to install Cyber panel using SSH
Before you begin, you will need the following:
- A server running the latest version of Ubuntu
- Access to the server via SSH. You can utilize a free tool like PuTTY.
- A domain name. You can get a cheap domain from Namecheap.
- The IP address of your server. You can find this from your web hosting dashboard.
Steps to install Cyber panel using SSH
Step 1: Install Cyber Panel
- Connect to your server via SSH using the following command:
ssh [email protected]_ip_address
- Running the following command to update the package manager’s package list:
sudo apt update
- Use this command to install the necessary dependencies
sudo apt install git wget -y
- Running this command to download the Cyber Panel installer script:
- Make the installer script executable by running the following command:
chmod +x install.sh
- Run the installer script by running this command:
sudo bash install.sh
- Now follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Step 2: Install WordPress
- Open your web browser and go to the following URL:
https://server_ip_address:8090 e.g. https://904327:8090
- Log in to your Cyber Panel using the username and password you set during the installation.
- Click on the “Websites” button in the left sidebar.
- Click the “Add Website” button.
- Enter your domain name in the “Domain” field and select “PHP” as the “Type” of website.
- Click the “Create” button.
- Now click the “WordPress” button in the left sidebar.
- Click the “Install WordPress” button.
- Then follow the prompts to complete the WordPress installation.
Step 3: Issue a Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate
- Click the “Security” button in the left sidebar.
- Then click the “SSL” button.
- Click the “Issue SSL Certificate” button.
- Select your domain name from the dropdown menu and click the “Issue” button.
- Now follow the prompts to complete issuing the SSL certificate.
You have successfully installed Cyber Panel on your server, installed a WordPress website, and issued a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate. You can now securely manage all your websites using Cyber Panel.
You can check this article on what to do after publishing your website.