11 Best Christian web hosting companies
Are you looking for the best Christian web hosting companies or even hosting for your church website?
Perhaps you want to share your faith with others and you are looking forward to starting a Christian website to achieve that objective or even you want to set up an eCommerce to sell your digital products such as e-books to your Christian audience. These are the same goals I had when I began my website and so far, the journey has been a success.
For beginners, I always recommend Bluehost and Liquid Web as they are budget-friendly and easy to get started with. They offer you all the necessary tools you need to begin a Christian blog out of the box. The plan includes a free SSL certificate, free CDN integrated on their dashboard, hence, you don’t need extra plugins for that, a free domain for the first year, a 1-click WordPress install, 24/7 expert support, 10 GB SSD storage, domain manager, and much more.
Below is a list of the top 4 beginners friendly best hosting for Christian websites. Take advantage of their great discount by signing up today. If you are looking for managed WordPress hosting for Christian websites, then check this article.
What to consider when choosing the best Christian web hosting company?
Like any other service provider, each web hosting has its pros and cons and it is always wise to consider and compare these services with other web hosting providers.
The following are the factors to consider when choosing the best Christian web hosting company.
- The price– is the price budget-friendly? Also, compare the sign-up price with the renewal price as most web hosting providers are guilty of skyrocketing their renewal prices after the first year. You don’t want to pay for unnecessary add-ons, choose something that meets your need but is within your budget, and look out for hidden costs.
- Security– when choosing a Christian web hosting provider make sure they guarantee the security of your website files. You should consider a web hosting provider that offers a free SSL certificate, DDoS protection, and malware scanning. They should also have a proper backup system for your files.
- Uptime– A website’s uptime is the measure of the amount of time your website is available or accessible to users online. You must consider a hosting company with high uptime of up to 99.99% – 100%. You do not want to lose online sales because your site is inaccessible.
- Backup– Choose a hosting provider that offers you daily automated backups of your website files. You can also consider using a plugin to achieve this functionality. Sometimes you can make a mistake and end up losing all your files. However, if you have an automated backup in place you will simply switch to your previous website version, saving you time and resources.
- Availability of customer services– You want to choose a hosting provider with excellent and available 24/7 customer service. Sometimes things may go wrong and you may end up requiring some expert help from customer service.
- Hosting features– You want to choose a web hosting provider with most of the web hosting features out of the box. This way you won’t need other third-party’s software to achieve the same goal. This reduces the number of plugins you need for your website, consequently increasing website speed. Most plugins add bloat to your website, reducing its performance.
- Server performance– When choosing a web hosting for your Christian website, you want a server that is fast with an in-built custom caching to accelerate your website loading time. They should be using the latest server operating system and software.
- Storage and bandwidth– Choose a hosting provider that offers NVMe SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth. SSD storage is better and faster than HDD storage devices. The bandwidth determines the amount of traffic your website can receive at a given time.
- Free CDN– CDN stands for content delivery network. Choose a company that offers free CDN to accelerate your website load time hence passing the google speed test out-of-the-box. You can also consider Cloudflare’s free CDN. Most web hosting providers are already integrated with Cloudflare, hence there is no need for extra plugins.
- The ability to scale up – Scalability is vital when choosing a hosting provider for your Christian website. View your website as a business, and every business needs to scale up at one point. You may begin with 200 web visitors and with time accelerate to 5000-10,000 visitors per day. You will need to scale up your hosting plan to accommodate your website needs.
- The refund policy– Most hosting providers have a 30-day refund policy. Dreamhost has a 90-day refund policy, giving you enough time to test their hosting services. This gives you the ability to make the right decision without a rush.
- Free domain name– Most web hosting providers offer a free domain for the first year reducing your cost. Why pay for a domain name when it can be provided at no cost for a whole year?
- The nature of your website– If you are creating a website for a big organization that will be publishing thousands of articles a month and hosting their videos on the server, then you need to consider a managed VPS. However, if you have the skills to handle unmanaged VPS you should consider it as it is cheaper.
Best Christian web hosting companies
This is a list of the best web hosting companies for religious websites. The list includes the hosting providers and their pros and cons.
Bluehost has great value and is designed to be beginner friendly. It comes with most of the necessary hosting features out-of-the-box, this gives you time to concentrate on creating content for your website rather than worrying about unnecessary technical issues.
They are an officially recommended WordPress provider. Their basic shared hosting plan comes with a free domain, free CDN, free SSL certificate, 24/7 customer support, automated backups, unlimited bandwidth, SSD storage, and a one-click WordPress installation.
Advantages of Bluehost.
Liquid web is a fully managed cloud and web hosting provider delivering 99.999% uptime and 24/7 customer support. They offer different hosting plans including managed WordPress hosting, VPS, cloud hosting, and dedicated hosting. Offer a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
For a beginner, I recommend using managed WordPress hosting as it is easy to set up. They have 10 global data centers. It is suitable for resource intense websites. The hosting runs on Nginx, PHP, and image compression, and they are obsessed with performance. They also offer free site migration.
Why you should choose managed WordPress hosting? The reason is that there are no traffic limits, no overage fees, and free automatic plugin updates, with visual compression and image optimization plugins to improve page speed. Remember Google hates slow websites.
Liquid web Features
Their plan (spark) starts at $13.3 per month for 3 months and then renews at $19 per month. If you choose the annual plan you will pay $15.83/ month which is $190 billed upfront for the first year. This plan comes with 1 site hosting, 15 GB storage, 2TB bandwidth, 30-day backup, unlimited email accounts, beaver builder Lite, iThemes Security Pro, and iThemes sync.
Disadvantages of Liquid web.
Hostinger is one of the budget-friendly hosting providers with a pack of features. It is also beginner friendly and comes with all the necessary features out of the box.
Their basic plan starts at $2.99 per month and renews at $6.99 monthly.
The hosting is e-commerce optimized.
IONOS hosting has 25 years of experience in the industry and is capable of providing the best hosting services to its users. They have over 90,000 servers and a Trustpilot rating of 4.1 out of 5 based on 15094 reviews.
IONOS’ Key features
Their shared hosting business annual plan starts at $ 0.5 /month and renews at $10 /month. This plan comes with unlimited websites, unlimited storage, unlimited databases, free professional email, a free domain for 1 year, and enhanced CPU and memory resources of up to 6 GB RAM.
The basic shared annual plan starts at $4 per month and renews at $6 per month all plans are guaranteed 99.9% uptime, come with PHP 8.1 with JIT compiler, free Wildcard SSL certificate, DDoS protection, 30-day money guarantee, CDN, and backups.
Dreamhost is another great web hosting provider. It is beginner-friendly and also comes with most features out-of-the-box. They help you bring your dream to reality hence the name Dreamhost. They are an officially endorsed WordPress provider, as they meet all the criteria requirements by wordpress.org.
Their basic shared hosting plan starts at $2.99 /month, which is budget-friendly. They offer a free domain name including free domain privacy, a 100% uptime guarantee hence you don’t have to worry about users not finding your website online, free WordPress migration using their migration plugin, a custom control panel, 24/7 expert support, WordPress optimized servers, and a 90-day refund guarantee.
Advantages of Dreamhost.
Disadvantages of Dreamhost
HostGator is another beginner-friendly web hosting provider. They offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee, a free SSL certificate, a free domain for 1-year, free site transfer, unmetered bandwidth, and 1-click WordPress installation.
Their shared hosting plan begins at $2.75 per month and renews at $6.95 per month.
Advantages of HostGator.
Elementor Cloud Hosting
Elementor did it again. Apart from being one of the best WordPress builders, elementor came up with its own cloud hosting driven by the Google Cloud Platform. Imagine the benefits you get from the Google Cloud infrastructure such as speed, security, scalability, and reliability. On top of that, you get free access to the elementor premium plugin and all their premium templates for a quick setup of a professional website out of the box. It is an all-in-one hosting package.
Another benefit of hosting your website on a cloud server is the speed, as they can deliver fast page loading time even during high-traffic surges. They also use an architecture that splits a physical server into multiple virtual machines forming an interconnected cloud network that provides a level of redundancy second to none.
The plan comes with free CDN from Cloudflare, free SSL certificate, 100GB bandwidth, all the elementor pro features, WordPress pre-installed, hello theme, and my elementor admin to manage your website.
Advantages of elementor cloud hosting
Siteground is an officially recommended premium WordPress hosting provider. Their platform is built on the premium Google Cloud infrastructure making them faster, more secure, and more reliable. Their servers are 500% faster. They offer free automated site migration, 24/7 support, free SSL, daily backups, free CDN, free email, WP-CLI, and SSH access, managed WordPress, custom cashing hence no need for caching plugin, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The basic plan comes with 10GB of web space, and 1 website, suitable for ~10,000 monthly visits, it starts at $3.99 per month and renews at $14.99 per month. They offer a 30-days refund policy.
Advantages of Siteground
Disadvantages of Siteground
NameHero is a blazing-fast web hosting provider best for businesses of all sizes. They are also suitable for hosting WordPress and eCommerce sites since 2015. They offer free website migration, guarantee 99.9% uptime, and a 30-day money-back guarantee, they have a rating of 4.8 out of 5 based on 3874 reviews.
Their starter plan (starter cloud) begins at $2.69 /month and renews at $8.95 /month on the annual plan.
NameHero Hosting Features
InMotion web hosting
InMotion is a reliable web hosting provider built for speed, scalable, and security. Use cPanel,
hence it is easy to manage. They have a 90-day money-back guarantee giving users enough time to test their service before making a decision.
The basic (core) plan starts at $3.49 per month and renews at $9.99 monthly. Their Uptime is 99.99%.
InMotion Hosting Features
This plan includes free SSL, 2 websites, 100GB NVMe SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, 2x speed and performance, 10 email addresses, automatic backups, DDoS protection, and marketing tools. Free domain is only available on their launch plan which starts at $6.99 per month and renews at $13.99 per month, with unlimited websites, and unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited emails, they also include a dedicated IP address.
A2 Hosting is built for performance to take your site hosting experience to the next level, with 20x faster page loading time. The turbo plan promises 40% faster CPU performance, 3x faster NVMe storage, and advanced lightspeed turbo caching. Offer a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
You can move your site to A2 hosting for free. They offer a 72% discount.
A2 Hosting Features
The Startup annual plan starts at $6.99 per month and renews at $10.99 /m. This plan includes 1 website, 100 GB SSD storage, free site migration, unlimited email account, site staging, free SSL certificate, free website builder, website staging, 99.9% uptime, easy cPanel control panel, virus scanner, and they have five data locations to choose from.
The drive annual plan starts at $9.99 per month and renews at $12.99 per month. This plan includes unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage, free site migration, free automatic backups, cPanel, unlimited email accounts, free SSL, free website builder, and staging.
Disadvantages of A2 Hosting
Comparison of the best Christian web hosting companies
|Hosting Company||Bluehost||Liquid Web||Hostinger||IONOS||Dreamhost||HostGator||Elementor cloud||Siteground||NameHero||InMotion||A2 Hosting|
|Storage||50GB SSD||15 GB SSD||100 GB SSD||100GB SSD||50 GB SSD||Unmetered||20GB SSD||10 GB SSD||unlimited SSD||unlimited NVMe SSD||100GB SSD|
|Free CDN||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||Cloudflare CDN||✔||✔||Cloudflare CDN||✔||✔|
|No. of websites||1||1||100||unlimited||1||1||1||1||1||unlimited||unlimited|